Minimally Invasive Surgery Can Create Better Patient Outcomes
Minimally invasive surgery (or laparoscopic surgery) has been a longstanding interest of ours. Over the years, continued advances in equipment, technique and knowledge have made most of our surgeries outpatient or short stay procedures. We offer a wide variety of GYN surgical procedures at Memorial Hospital.
Today, the most advanced surgical technique allows an effective, minimally invasive alternative to both open surgery and standard laparoscopy. Using the daVinci surgical system (robotic surgery), our surgeons are able to offer the latest minimally invasive option for complex surgical procedures such as hysterectomies and myomectomies. This allows a much quicker recovery for our patients than traditional surgery.
The real key to any surgery, however, is careful preoperative evaluation, so that the right procedure is performed for the right reasons. If you are considering having any surgery, we intend that you should fully understand why you need the surgery, how the surgery is going to be done, and your expected results and recovery after the surgery.
- daVinci robotic hysterectomy-including single site surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Pelvic support & incontinence surgery, often without an abdominal incision
- daVinci myomectomy
- Tubal reanastomosis to reverse tubal ligation
- Alternatives to hysterectomy such as endometrial ablation and the Acessa procedure for fibroid ablation